How can emerging technological breakthroughs reshape how we get things done 5-10 years in the future?
After comprehensively researching of various futuristic concepts, I assume that the future of productivity will be centered around people’s experience. The following four themes guide my thinking.
ONE – Collaborative: bringing people together to collaborate in better ways both in-person and remotely.
- Do more together: The digital blackboard in the lab creates a smart multi-user space that allows team members to work on challenges together. Lola appears on the blackboard and is able to interact with the team and manipulate the same content as if she was in the room with them.
- Team workspaces: Everywhere, in the cafe, elevator or park, you and your team can work together contributing different kinds of content to a shared digital canvas. You can see what each other are doing, and easily discuss and share ideas.
TWO – Intelligent: living smarter by making the most of every moment with assistive intelligence powered by AI.
- You receive notifications, messages and offers right from your wearing devices, such as glass or bracelet. Your AI personal agent proactively suggests options for you. You can now use simple gestures to accept the invitation, rearrange your calendar, and book a space to prepare.
- Work with real-time data: Invoking data that is visualized for you in real-time anywhere and anytime. It is easy to drill-in, extend criteria, and change views to support your train of thought.
- Stay focused and informed: contextual feeds for life and work keep you current and focused, drawing across apps to bring the right things to your attention at the right time.
THREE – Natural: friction free creativity, explore information, assemble ideas and convey stories naturally
- Underwater or In-the-sky, 3D holograms augment to your clients and audiences your view and environment, creating a Mixed Reality. You can see, move around and interact naturally with information and virtual objects placed in your world.
- Modern authoring: It is simple to assemble data, organize your thoughts and author across formats on the digital canvas. The work is then automatically composed into a beautiful modern document, full of live data and interactive content.
- Mixed natural interactions: Team can interact with content and services on their terms, using fluid combination of touch, ink, gesture, voice, and gaze to get their work done.
FOUR – Mobile:move your experiences fluidly and securely, extending them into your environment
Augmented conversations: You are able to spontaneously extends your phone call from your earpiece to a wall. Then, you can seamlessly move into a richer mode of interaction as your digital assistant visually augments the conversation with relevant information.
- Adaptive environments: In the lab, the blackboard immediately recognizes your team as they enter the space. You can quickly ‘rehydrate’ the room with your project and resume where they left off.
- Secure mobility: In the co-working space, you can securely transfers your cloud based project work to a touchdown desk. The desk takes on your settings and provides a rich, multimodal work surface for you.
Productivity Future Vision| Microsoft for Business
Future of Science & Education | SciX Organization